Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 16, 2013
Hudson Valley Lawmaker Reacts to Report on NYS Assemblyman
New York’s Legislative Ethics Commission released a report Wednesday from the state’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics. The report focuses on sexual harassment allegations against Brooklyn Assemblyman Vito Lopez and details a number of charges.
Democrat Didi Barrett represents the 106th Assembly District, which includes portions of Columbia and Dutchess Counties.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has renewed his call for Lopez to resign. Barrett, who has long advocated for women and girls, has other concerns.
Meanwhile, the Democratic Lopez responded to the report, calling it an all-out war against him. He maintains his innocence.
New York News