Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 16, 2013
Hudson Valley Lawmaker Reacts to Report on NYS Assemblyman
New York’s Legislative Ethics Commission released a report Wednesday from the state’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics. The report focuses on sexual harassment allegations against Brooklyn Assemblyman Vito Lopez and details a number of charges.
Democrat Didi Barrett represents the 106th Assembly District, which includes portions of Columbia and Dutchess Counties.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has renewed his call for Lopez to resign. Barrett, who has long advocated for women and girls, has other concerns.
Meanwhile, the Democratic Lopez responded to the report, calling it an all-out war against him. He maintains his innocence.
New York News