Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 16, 2013
Hudson Valley Lawmaker Reacts to Report on NYS Assemblyman
New York’s Legislative Ethics Commission released a report Wednesday from the state’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics. The report focuses on sexual harassment allegations against Brooklyn Assemblyman Vito Lopez and details a number of charges.
Democrat Didi Barrett represents the 106th Assembly District, which includes portions of Columbia and Dutchess Counties.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has renewed his call for Lopez to resign. Barrett, who has long advocated for women and girls, has other concerns.
Meanwhile, the Democratic Lopez responded to the report, calling it an all-out war against him. He maintains his innocence.
New York News