Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Hudson Valley News
Tue December 4, 2012
Hudson Valley Named World-Class Travel Destination
New York's Hudson Valley has been named one of National Geographic Traveler magazine's best places to visit in 2013. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports.
The magazine says the valley is among the top 20 places that are "must-see" for international travelers in the new year.
The magazine lauds the region's cultural pedigree, from the Clearwater Festival to artsy Woodstock, as well as the valley's many mom-and-pop shops and world-class restaurants staffed by graduates of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park.
The Hudson Valley makes the magazine's top 20 places to visit alongside other destinations including Kyoto, Japan and the caribbean island of Granada
(c) 2012 AP & WAMC