Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Hudson Valley News
Tue December 4, 2012
Hudson Valley Named World-Class Travel Destination
New York's Hudson Valley has been named one of National Geographic Traveler magazine's best places to visit in 2013. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports.
The magazine says the valley is among the top 20 places that are "must-see" for international travelers in the new year.
The magazine lauds the region's cultural pedigree, from the Clearwater Festival to artsy Woodstock, as well as the valley's many mom-and-pop shops and world-class restaurants staffed by graduates of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park.
The Hudson Valley makes the magazine's top 20 places to visit alongside other destinations including Kyoto, Japan and the caribbean island of Granada
(c) 2012 AP & WAMC