Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Mon July 30, 2012
Hudson Valley Residents Participate in National Anti-Fracking Rally
Thousands of people from across the nation rallied in Washington on Sunday in opposition to hydro-fracturing to mine natural gas from shale formations.
Members of the Stewart Park and Reserve Coalition, headed by Sandra Kissam of the Town of Newburgh, attended the rally and she described the scene from D.C.
“We are over here in front of the Capitol Building, about 2,000 strong or more, listening to Bill McKibben, who is one of the leading proponents of doing away with fracking and also a leading opponent to the Excel Pipeline,” Kissam said.
The US EPA and New York State are in the process of reviewing hydrofracking and regulations involved should it be approved.