Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Tue March 12, 2013
Hudson Valley Restaurant Weeks 2013
Hudson Valley Restaurant Week began in 2006 with a distinguished board of advisors, including chefs, restaurateurs and tourism leaders. The two-week culinary event premiered with 70 restaurants.
Today, with more than 180 participating restaurants spanning 7 counties it is among the largest Restaurant Week events in the country. Participating counties include Dutchess, Westchester, Columbia, Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Ulster. It has become a successful collaborative effort involving farmers, growers, wine makers and chefs.
Here now to tell us more (and to feed us) are Agnes Devereux from The Village TeaRoom in New Paltz and Josh Kroner from Terrapin Restaurant in Rhinebeck. Via phone we are joined - eventually - by Janet Crenshaw, founder of Hudson Valley Restaurant Week.
Hudson Valley News