Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Hudson Valley News
Fri May 24, 2013
Hudson Valley State Senator Wants Three Casinos In The Catskills
A state senator from the Hudson Valley has introduced legislation that would allow for up to seven casino licenses, three of which would be for the Catskills.
The legislation from Republican Senator John Bonacic of Orange County would permit the seven licenses if a referendum is passed in November on a constitutional amendment to allow casino gaming in New York. Bonacic says his bill is similar to one recently introduced by Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo, except for the number of casinos. Cuomo has proposed three, though is not entirely ruling out the possibility of more. Here’s Cuomo on Bonacic’s bill.
And Bonacic praised the governor’s recent settling of compacts with the Oneidas and the St. Regis Mohawks, saying it made the job of siting casinos much easier.
New England News
New York News