Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri March 14, 2003
Hudson Valley Victim to Gas Gouging, Says Sen Schumer
By Lisa Phillips
Poughkeepsie, NY – Gas prices are rising. In New York state, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded is up more than fifty cents from a year ago. In the Hudson Valley, prices vary widely from station to station, leading to suspicions of price gouging. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Lisa Phillips reports.