Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Hudson Valley News
Wed November 14, 2012
Hudson Valley Village judge dies in car crash
Authorities say the longtime judge for a Hudson Valley village has died after his car crashed into a tree. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details.
Police in the Orange County town of Montgomery tell the Times Herald-Record of Middletown that 76-year-old David Roepe was driving on Route 28 Tuesday afternoon when his car went off the road and slammed into a tree.
He was brought to St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital in Newburgh, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say a medical condition might have contributed to the crash.
Roepe was a lawyer and a part-time judge for the Village of Montgomery Court. In February, he marked 40 years as a village judge.
(C) 2012 AP