Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Hudson Valley News
Wed November 14, 2012
Hudson Valley Village judge dies in car crash
Authorities say the longtime judge for a Hudson Valley village has died after his car crashed into a tree. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details.
Police in the Orange County town of Montgomery tell the Times Herald-Record of Middletown that 76-year-old David Roepe was driving on Route 28 Tuesday afternoon when his car went off the road and slammed into a tree.
He was brought to St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital in Newburgh, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say a medical condition might have contributed to the crash.
Roepe was a lawyer and a part-time judge for the Village of Montgomery Court. In February, he marked 40 years as a village judge.
(C) 2012 AP