Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Tue July 17, 2012
Hudson's Frugary Seized By City
The City of Hudson today followed through on its threat to shut down the Frugary... Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Dave Lucas has an update...
Hudson Police say they removed three "trespassers" early this morning from the fishing encamapment on city owned land - people had been using small shacks on the property for more than a hundred years - stewarding Hudson's North Dock and North Bay - paying no taxes - handing the buildings down through generations -
The Frugary squatters collectively organized under the moniker of The North Dock Tin Boat Association ...
the entity lost its appeal of a 2011 decision dismissing its property ownership under adverse possession or “squatter’s rights” on a legal technicality. Hudson Mayor William Hallenbeck gave the boat club until July 16th to gather their belongings and abandon the site.
The Frugary members have had meetings with the Mayor and city officials but have not been able to come to any sort of agreement to preserve the property. Mayor Hallenbeck isn’t certain what will happen to the Frugary
City workers have erected fencing around the buildings on North Dock Street - the three trespassers were released without charges