Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Thu May 24, 2012
Human Remains Found in Vermont
Vermont State Police say human remains, including part of a skull, have been found on private property that was being excavated in Northfield. More from WAMC’s North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley......
Police say the skull piece and other skeletal remains found at the construction site will be sent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation laboratory for further investigation.
The office of the Vermont chief medical examiner and a University of Vermont anthropologist determined that the bones are human.
Vermont State Police say investigators are not speculating on the origin or identity of the remains until further analysis is done.
An archeologist for the state Division of Historic Preservation also is examining the site.
I’m Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.