Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu November 10, 2005
Hundreds Express Opinions On Proposed Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation recently issued a draft permit for International Paper to conduct a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. The first public hearings regarding that permit were held Wednesday in Ticonderoga. Hundreds of people attended an afternoon and another evening session to state the pros and cons of the plant's plan. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley was at the hearings.