Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Hurricane Help Delayed
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently paid the City of Kingston almost 14-thousand dollars for services provided by two local firefighters who went to the Gulf Coast to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Red tape and a political side-trip caused a four-day delay before the two Ulster County, New York firefighters could help the survivors.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.