Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Hurricane Help Delayed
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently paid the City of Kingston almost 14-thousand dollars for services provided by two local firefighters who went to the Gulf Coast to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Red tape and a political side-trip caused a four-day delay before the two Ulster County, New York firefighters could help the survivors.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.