Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Hurricane Help Delayed
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently paid the City of Kingston almost 14-thousand dollars for services provided by two local firefighters who went to the Gulf Coast to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Red tape and a political side-trip caused a four-day delay before the two Ulster County, New York firefighters could help the survivors.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.