Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri July 1, 2005
HV Benefits from Spielberg Shoot
By Allison Dunne
Athens, NY – Steven Spielberg's latest film - War of the Worlds -- took in more than $21-million dollars on opening day this week, marking the biggest opening day for a movie starring Tom Cruise. Portions of the film were shot in the Hudson Valley, in Greene County. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has a look at just how green the valley became as a result.