Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue August 24, 2004
HV Congressman Assails Overtime Rules
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – New overtime rules took effect yesterday. For the U.S. Secretary of Labor, that means more than six million workers will benefit. For critics of the measure, it means more than six million workers will suffer. Hudson Valley Congressman Maurice Hinchey is one who pans the new rules, and says middle-income Americans will see a pay cut. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.