Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue August 10, 2004
HV Resident Challenges Travel Ban
By Allison Dunne
Kerhonkson, NY – An Ulster County, New York resident who traveled to Iraq prior to the war is challenging the government's imposition of a fine, and possible criminal penalties. The woman had traveled to Iraq as a human shield in February of 2003, and stayed about one month. She and her lawyer say there is an unconstitutional attempt to control information and humanitarian travel. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.