Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue August 10, 2004
HV Resident Challenges Travel Ban
By Allison Dunne
Kerhonkson, NY – An Ulster County, New York resident who traveled to Iraq prior to the war is challenging the government's imposition of a fine, and possible criminal penalties. The woman had traveled to Iraq as a human shield in February of 2003, and stayed about one month. She and her lawyer say there is an unconstitutional attempt to control information and humanitarian travel. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.