Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu July 8, 2004
HV State Senator Says Future VLTs Are Uncertain
By Allison Dunne
Monticello, NY – Nearly one week after video-lottery terminals opened in the Hudson Valley's Sullivan County, a court decision yesterday says the way in which the revenue from these VLT's is disbursed is unconstitutional. A state senator from the region says he's been working with legislators since the decision came down on how to work out the issue. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.