Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed September 24, 2003
Hydro Plant Owner Wants to Redevelop Stuyvesant Falls
By Allison Dunne
Stuyvesant, NY – A dormant hydro-electric plant in Columbia County could be brought back to life. An amendment has cleared the Senate that would give the town in which the plants sits license to operate. The plant's current owner, however, is not necessarily selling. Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.