Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed September 24, 2003
Hydro Plant Owner Wants to Redevelop Stuyvesant Falls
By Allison Dunne
Stuyvesant, NY – A dormant hydro-electric plant in Columbia County could be brought back to life. An amendment has cleared the Senate that would give the town in which the plants sits license to operate. The plant's current owner, however, is not necessarily selling. Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.