Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue March 8, 2005
I-91 Border Checkpoint Under Fire
By Pat Bradley
Hartford, VT – A U-S Border Patrol Checkpoint on Interstate 91 in Vermont is wearing on residents and is prompting questions by Vermont's congressional delegation.
Critics say the checkpoint is rife with racial profiling and is unnecessary. But Homeland Security officials say checkpoints like this are critical and they are assessing whether the one on I-91 should be made permanent. More from WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.