Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Thu June 28, 2012
Iberdrola Eyes Windham County, VT Site
WINDHAM, Vt. (AP) — A major wind power company is interested in setting up a commercial wind turbine development in Vermont's Windham County. WAMC’s Lucas Willard reports..
The Brattleboro Reformer reports Iberdrola Renewables has issued a notice of pending application to place two meteorological-testing towers in Windham and in Grafton.
The towers will allow the company to determine whether to buy construction of a wind farm on 5,000 acres owned by New Hampshire-based Meadowsend Timberlands Limited.
Jenny Briot of Iberdrola said the company's goal is to have a sense by next summer of whether it can develop a project.
A meeting on the project is scheduled on July 11 at the town's elementary school.
Lucas Willard, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.