Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Wed June 12, 2013
IBM Said to Be Shedding Jobs in Vermont and Elsewhere
IBM says it won't comment on reports of layoffs at its facilities in Vermont and elsewhere.
State officials said Wednesday that IBM had notified them that a national reorganization would result in job losses in Vermont.
IBM spokesman Jeff Couture says the company does not publicly discuss the details of staffing plans.
The labor organization Alliance @ IBM said on its website that 121 jobs were expected to be cut from the company's storage systems development division. The website contained individual reports of layoffs in Vermont, Massachusetts, New York and North Carolina.
Vermont Labor Commissioner Annie Noonan says the company had slightly more than 4,000 workers in Vermont as of Wednesday morning. She did not know how many were being laid off.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Hudson Valley News