Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri April 12, 2013
Ideas Matter: Checking in with the Public Humanities
We are very happy to be kicking off a new regular feature on the Roundtable entitled - Ideas Matter: Checking in with the Public Humanities. It is our chance to check in with the Humanities Councils throughout our 7-State area to discuss important ideas and why they do indeed matter.
We welcome: Pleun Bouricius - Assistant Director of Mass Humanities. Before that she managed the Women, Enterprise, and Society project at Baker Library at Harvard Business School; and taught in the History and Literature, and Women’s Studies Programs at Harvard University and the Harvard Extension School.
Also joining us is Sara Ogger. Sara joined the staff of the New York Council for the Humanities in March 2002 as Grants Officer. She was appointed Executive Director in April 2007 after a successful effort to secure state funding. Before coming to the Council, Sara was an assistant professor of German at Montclair State University in New Jersey.
The Roundtable - Equality Series