Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri January 3, 2014
Ideas Matter: MASS Humanities Literature & Medicine: Humanities at the Heart of Health Care
This morning we’ll discuss MassHumanities Literature & Medicine: Humanities at the Heart of Health Care – it’s a six-month long program that allows medical professionals to reflect on their work through the power of literature. Hospitals host scholar-led discussion groups and together they explore works of fiction, poetry, drama, and nonfiction that illuminate issues central to caring for people, whether they are well, sick, or dying.
Our guests are Pleun Bouricius, Director of Grants and Programs for MASSHumanities, and Robert Meagher, Professor of Humanities at Hampshire College.