Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Mon April 1, 2013
If Something Smells Funny, Remember What Day It Is
Originally published on Mon April 1, 2013 5:59 pm
Google Nose was unveiled Monday morning. It's "the new scentsation in search." Just put your nose to the screen to sample "15M+ sentibytes." Google's also offering new options to its "I'm Feeling Lucky" button, including "I'm Feeling Wonderful" and "I'm Feeling Hungry."
Twitter is out with "Twttr," a version that only lets you use consonants.
YouTube is shutting down until 2023 because it "finally has enough videos" to select the best video of all time.
The Guardian introduces "Guardian Goggles" — "augmented spectacles" that take you to a new universe.
Morning Edition profiled "Hootie and the Time Travelers," a group of reenactors that celebrates the '90s.
P&G rolls out Scope Bacon (a few days early, though, so maybe there's hope!).
If you haven't looked at the calendar yet, trust us: it's April 1.
And if you see or hear something that's really funny, please share it in the comments thread.
All Things Considered reported on the work of an oral history project to preserve the memory of military dolphins.