Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue April 5, 2005
Illegal Immigrants Fund Social Security
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Experts say many farms, restaurants, and other businesses in our region employ illegal immigrants. The New York Times reports today, that nationally, illegal immigrants pay billions of dollars a year in social security taxes. But most of the immigrants never see a dime in benefits. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams reports.