Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed September 5, 2012
Illuzzi Launches Campaign for Vermont Auditor
Longtime Vermont state Sen. Vincent Illuzzi says he'll rely on relationships with state officials and knowledge of state government to do an effective job if elected Vermont auditor of accounts.
Illuzzi, a Republican who has represented Orleans and Essex counties in the Senate, kicked off his campaign on Wednesday at the Barre Granite Museum, which is housed in the building where his father worked as a granite sculptor.
Illuzzi said he would focus on whether state funds were spent as directed by the Legislature, were they used efficiently and effectively, and did the expenditures serve the people they were intended to serve.
He faces Burlington Democrat Doug Hoffer in the race for auditor.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.