Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 2, 2004
Indian Point Two is Shut Down
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – One of Indian Point's reactors has been shut down following a malfunction relating to one of the steam generators. Though the equipment failure is not considered serious or a public risk, an independent nuclear power expert says the failure to report the incident on time is a problem. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.