Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Mon October 28, 2013
Insurance Firm Pays $16K to VT Auto Customers
The Department of Financial Regulation says a Wisconsin-based insurance company has paid nearly $16,000 in restitution to Vermont auto insurance customers whose damage claims were not evaluated properly.
An investigation by the department determined that Dairyland Insurance Co. had inaccurately calculated the value of total vehicle losses for 11 claims between January and November 2011.
The department says in response, the company has agreed to implement new policies and procedures as well as additional training for all employees who handle Vermont total loss claims.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.