Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed July 20, 2005
International Paper Plans to Restructure
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – Stamford, Connecticut-based International Paper Company, the world's largest forest products company, has announced a three-part restructuring plan. Company officials say its dramatic downsizing plan will not close or shrink the company's upstate New York mill at Ticonderoga. But it could impact forest lands in the state.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.