Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 21, 2006
International Paper Test Tire Burn Approved, Vermonters Not Pleased
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has issued the final permit allowing International Paper to run a two-week test burn of tire-derived fuel at its mill in Ticonderoga. That plant is on the western shore of Lake Champlain. The permit was granted despite the objections of Vermont officials and residents who say the Green Mountain State will bear the brunt of the pollution emitted from the test. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.