Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New York News
Fri July 5, 2013
Investigation Finds Children Start Upstate NY Fire That Left 3 Dead
Police investigating the cause of a fast-moving fire Thursday that killed three people at a northern New York house where a family provided respite care to older residents say it was started by three children.
State Police in Plattsburgh Said Friday that the blaze was started by three juveniles under the age of 13. The children were reportedly playing with a grill type lighter and accelerants in the garage. Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie said because the children are so young, criminal charges cannot be pursued.
Three respite residents aged 67, 87 and 98 died.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.