Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu August 18, 2005
IP Test Tire Burn Informational Meeting and Protest Rally Planned Tonight
By Pat Bradley
Middlebury, VT – Vermont's Agency of Natural Resources will host an informational session this evening in Middlebury on a proposal by International Paper to burn fuel made from tires at its mill in Ticonderoga, New York. Opponents of the plan will hold a rally before the 7 p.m. meeting begins.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.