Most Active Stories
- Amber Alert Canceled After Body Of Missing 5-Year-Old Found
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- NY Fracking Ban Decision Elicits Different Reactions
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
Fri January 10, 2014
Iraq Holding Off Offensive Against Al-Qaida
Iraqi forces are holding off on an all-out offensive to retake two cities from al-Qaida.
Analysts warn that civilian casualties could incite Sunni anger and push moderate tribal leaders to side with the extremists.
Iraqi military officials say they have enough troops to recapture Fallujah and Ramadi, but they are waiting for additional shipments of U.S. drones and missiles.