Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
Fri January 10, 2014
Iraq Holding Off Offensive Against Al-Qaida
Iraqi forces are holding off on an all-out offensive to retake two cities from al-Qaida.
Analysts warn that civilian casualties could incite Sunni anger and push moderate tribal leaders to side with the extremists.
Iraqi military officials say they have enough troops to recapture Fallujah and Ramadi, but they are waiting for additional shipments of U.S. drones and missiles.