Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Mon December 3, 2012
"Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe" by Anne Applebaum
Anne Appllebaum is a columnist for The Washington Post and Slate. Her book, Gulag, won the Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction and was a finalist for three other major prizes. Her essays appear in The New York Review of Books, Slate, and The London Spectator.
In her new book, Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956, she delivers a groundbreaking history of how Communism took over Eastern Europe after World War II.