Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Mon December 3, 2012
"Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe" by Anne Applebaum
Anne Appllebaum is a columnist for The Washington Post and Slate. Her book, Gulag, won the Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction and was a finalist for three other major prizes. Her essays appear in The New York Review of Books, Slate, and The London Spectator.
In her new book, Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956, she delivers a groundbreaking history of how Communism took over Eastern Europe after World War II.