Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Mon December 3, 2012
"Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe" by Anne Applebaum
Anne Appllebaum is a columnist for The Washington Post and Slate. Her book, Gulag, won the Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction and was a finalist for three other major prizes. Her essays appear in The New York Review of Books, Slate, and The London Spectator.
In her new book, Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956, she delivers a groundbreaking history of how Communism took over Eastern Europe after World War II.