Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu March 7, 2013
Irshad Manji at MCLA Public Policy Lecture Series
Deepak Chopra describes her as "the new voice of reform, not only for Islam but for all religions." Her bestselling book, The Trouble with Islam Today, has been published in 31 countries, including Indonesia, Lebanon, and Pakistan.
In her presentation, Manji will chart the course for the reform of Islam. By "reform," she means reconciling faith and freedom, and offer key insights into a new generation of Muslims, illuminating their challenges and opportunities. She also seeks to empower non-Muslims to support Islamic reform in ways that bring out the best in all.