Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
Thu March 7, 2013
Irshad Manji at MCLA Public Policy Lecture Series
Deepak Chopra describes her as "the new voice of reform, not only for Islam but for all religions." Her bestselling book, The Trouble with Islam Today, has been published in 31 countries, including Indonesia, Lebanon, and Pakistan.
In her presentation, Manji will chart the course for the reform of Islam. By "reform," she means reconciling faith and freedom, and offer key insights into a new generation of Muslims, illuminating their challenges and opportunities. She also seeks to empower non-Muslims to support Islamic reform in ways that bring out the best in all.