Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed November 21, 2012
Jailhouse Calls Say Vermont Man Wanted to Take Over Town
Jailhouse calls from a Vermont man charged with attempted murder suggest he was planning on "taking over" a town.
Terrick Craft is accused of firing shots at Nicholas Brown last summer in Springfield.
Brown was not hurt, but Craft was arrested. The recordings played in court suggest that he was threatening violence against anyone who stood in his way of taking over Springfield. They were played during a hearing this week in which Craft's attorney asked a judge to lower his bail and release him from prison.
Defense lawyer Karen DeWolfe contested a prosecutor's efforts to have the recordings admitted as evidence.
Judge Robert Gerety declined to rule on the bail issue, saying he would soon issue a written decision.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.