Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Wed November 21, 2012
Jailhouse Calls Say Vermont Man Wanted to Take Over Town
Jailhouse calls from a Vermont man charged with attempted murder suggest he was planning on "taking over" a town.
Terrick Craft is accused of firing shots at Nicholas Brown last summer in Springfield.
Brown was not hurt, but Craft was arrested. The recordings played in court suggest that he was threatening violence against anyone who stood in his way of taking over Springfield. They were played during a hearing this week in which Craft's attorney asked a judge to lower his bail and release him from prison.
Defense lawyer Karen DeWolfe contested a prosecutor's efforts to have the recordings admitted as evidence.
Judge Robert Gerety declined to rule on the bail issue, saying he would soon issue a written decision.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.