Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
Fri September 16, 2005
James Howard Kunstler's "The Long Emergency" Part II
Albany, NY – If you're complaining about paying $3.50 a gallon at the pump, think again. According to James Howard Kunstler, author of the "The Long Emergency", there will come a time in the not-too-distant-future that the age of cheap fossil fuel will come to an end.
His new book tells us what to expect once we pass the turning point of global peak oil production and enter the long arc of depletion: change to social relations; economies; political systems....
In the first of a two part interview with Kunstler Susan Arbetter asked him about energy issues, and to describe the nature of this "long emergency"....