Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri September 16, 2005
James Howard Kunstler's "The Long Emergency" Part II
Albany, NY – If you're complaining about paying $3.50 a gallon at the pump, think again. According to James Howard Kunstler, author of the "The Long Emergency", there will come a time in the not-too-distant-future that the age of cheap fossil fuel will come to an end.
His new book tells us what to expect once we pass the turning point of global peak oil production and enter the long arc of depletion: change to social relations; economies; political systems....
In the first of a two part interview with Kunstler Susan Arbetter asked him about energy issues, and to describe the nature of this "long emergency"....