Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Sun March 11, 2012
Japanese Village Marks Disasters' Anniversary
The people of Japan have been remembering the dreadful events of March 11, 2012 when at 2:46 p.m., a massive earthquake struck. Soon afterwards a tsunami crashed into the north east coast. The village of Minamisanriku, once a beautiful fishing community and tourist destination, was one of the towns worst affected. NPR's Anthony Kuhn reports.