Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Fri June 1, 2007
Jennifer Nathan speaks with Jack Larkin 6-1-07
Albany, NY – Jack Larkin is the author of Where We Lived: Discovering the Places We Once Called Home, and as he found in his research, many of our ancestors wrote down the nuances of their daily lives. With the help of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Larkin gathered 400 black and white photos and combined them with evocative text to take us on a journey of American homes of the late 18th and 19th centuries. He tells us what it is about the home that captures both the sublime, and the ordinary nature of everyday life.
Where We Lived, by Jack Larkin.
Published by Taunton.