Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Science & Technology
Tue January 21, 2014
Jesse Feiler - Windows XP
Joe and Jesse Feiler will discuss the lingering of Windows XP. Originally released in 2001, Windows XP has reached the end of its useful life. Microsoft announced that support (including security updates) will cease on April 8, 2014. Then, last week, with a minimum of fanfare, Microsoft sort of took it back.
What's going on? Joe and Jesse try to get to the bottom of it all with the help of Bryan Brayton – the Network Engineer for the City of Plattsburgh, where he’s been for the last 6 years. Previous to that he was the Network Administrator at Clinton Community College. He’s been in the IT field for about 16 years, has a BS in Computer Science, and is a Microsoft Certified System Engineer. His areas of expertise are in Windows servers and computer networking.