Most Active Stories
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Federal Prosecutor Details Charges Against Assembly Speaker, As Assembly Democrats Close Ranks
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- Karen Hitchcock: Is College-Completion Enough?
Science & Technology
Tue January 21, 2014
Jesse Feiler - Windows XP
Joe and Jesse Feiler will discuss the lingering of Windows XP. Originally released in 2001, Windows XP has reached the end of its useful life. Microsoft announced that support (including security updates) will cease on April 8, 2014. Then, last week, with a minimum of fanfare, Microsoft sort of took it back.
What's going on? Joe and Jesse try to get to the bottom of it all with the help of Bryan Brayton – the Network Engineer for the City of Plattsburgh, where he’s been for the last 6 years. Previous to that he was the Network Administrator at Clinton Community College. He’s been in the IT field for about 16 years, has a BS in Computer Science, and is a Microsoft Certified System Engineer. His areas of expertise are in Windows servers and computer networking.