Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu July 8, 2004
Jessie Davis Shooting 20 Years Later
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Twenty years ago, on July 8, 2004, Albany police shot and killed a mentally ill African American man. The death of Jessie Davis led to changes in police and mental health procedures in the city. Community activists, police and elected officials came together on Thursday to mark the 20th anniversary of the shooting. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.