Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
Fri August 10, 2012
JetBlue Still Plans to Drop Vermont to Florida Flight
After meeting with JetBlue Airways, Vermont officials say the discount carrier still plans to drop a nonstop flight between Vermont and Florida in November.
The interim director of Burlington International Airport, Gene Richards, tells the Burlington Free Press that while the flights to Orlando, Fla., have been popular, "the numbers weren't consistent."
The airline will continue its daily flights from Burlington to New York City, where it offers flights to Florida.
The discount carrier has operated one daily nonstop between Burlington International Airport and Orlando, Fla., for several years, and airport officials were left scratching their heads by JetBlue's announcement in July that the service will end on Nov. 27.
Richards, Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger, and Vermont Secretary of Transportation Brian Searles attended the meeting with JetBlue representatives yesterday.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.