Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Mon December 3, 2012
Jets Win With 3rd String QB, Pats Clinch AFC East, Knicks Undefeated at Home,
Third-string quarterback Greg McElroy led the Jets to their only points of the day and New York beat visiting Arizona 7-6. Backup QB Tim Tebow was inactive due to broken ribs.
New England clinched their fourth straight AFC East title by beating Miami 23-16. Tom Brady threw his first interception in 203 pass attempts.
Giants and Redskins play tonight.
It’s bowl time in the NCAA. Some of the big bowl matchups this year include Syracuse who’ll take on rivals West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium for the second time in three years. Other big matchups include:
- No. 11 South Carolina who are headed to the Outback Bowl to face No. 19 Michigan.
- LSU will face Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
- Wisconsin believes its third straight trip to the Rose Bowl could be the charm when it plays Stanford.
- No. 4 Florida will meet No. 22 Louisville in the Sugar Bowl
- Oregon will meet Kansas State in another marquee matchup at the Fiesta Bowl.
The New York Knicks protected their unblemished home record by beating Phoenix 106-99. Carmelo Anthony was high man for the Knicks with 34 points. Raymond Felton contributed 23 points and seven assists to the winning effort and teammate Tyson Chandler finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds. The Knicks are 7-0 at Madison Square Garden, and their 12-4 overall mark is just a half-game behind Miami for best record in the NBA's Eastern Conference.
The Nets fell to the Heat Saturday night 102-89
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press