Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Tue November 6, 2012
Jim Shea - High School Mock Presidential Election
If high school students could vote, President Barack Obama would sail to an easy re-election. A mock vote was held at 130 high schools across the country, and on Sunday night, the votes were counted. Obama received 50 percent of the vote and 316 electoral votes, while Mitt Romney took 41 percent of the popular vote, and 208 electoral votes. This mock election has been held every four years since 1988. It was organized by Jim Shea a teacher at Northfield-Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts. He spoke with WAMC’s Brian Shields.