Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri September 21, 2012
Jobless Rate Rises in Vermont in August
Vermont's unemployment rate rose three-tenths of a percent in August.
The Vermont Department of Labor says the state's seasonally adjusted rate for August was 5.3 percent. The rate was significantly lower than the national average of 8.1 percent.
Labor officials said the diverse mix of businesses in Vermont helped insulate the state against some of the economic problems faced by other states.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.