Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri September 21, 2012
Jobless Rate Rises in Vermont in August
Vermont's unemployment rate rose three-tenths of a percent in August.
The Vermont Department of Labor says the state's seasonally adjusted rate for August was 5.3 percent. The rate was significantly lower than the national average of 8.1 percent.
Labor officials said the diverse mix of businesses in Vermont helped insulate the state against some of the economic problems faced by other states.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.