Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Capital Region News
Tue May 14, 2013
Jobs For Returning Veterans
Northeastern New York is home to approximately 5,000 veterans who served in Iraq. This past February, President Barack Obama announced that another 34,000 American troops will return home this year from Afghanistan… And the drawdown will continue…
Marsha Lazarus is the "LegUp Workplace Solutions Project Director" at MHANYS, the Mental Health Association of New York State. She says MHANYS is hosting a free forum Thursday afternoon at 2 at the Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce. Lazarus is urging local businesses to take a hard look at hiring returning veterans.
Capital Region Human Resources Association President Martin Patrick says the local job market is gaining strength, just as the soldiers are re-entering civilian life: he urges veterans to go out and apply...
Want to learn more? Register to attend? Click HERE!
Hudson Valley News
New York News