Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Fri June 22, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Christopher Makos and Kelley Drahushuk 6-22
Albany, NY – Young photographer Christopher Makos met Andy Warhol in 1971. Warhol quickly grew to admire Makos' photography, saying, "I wish I could take pictures like that." Makos went on to become Warhol's personal photographer and traveling companion. In his travels, he gained a unique perspective on Warhol and his circle of friends and admirers. His new book Warhol/Makos In Context, is an attempt to cast Warhol and Makos' relationship with him, in a new light.
Kelly Drahushuk of The Spotty Dog Books & Ale in Hudson tells us about the cocktail reception and book signing they'll be having with Makos.
Warhol/Makos In Context, by Christopher Makos.
Published by powerHouse Books.