Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Fri June 22, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Christopher Makos and Kelley Drahushuk 6-22
Albany, NY – Young photographer Christopher Makos met Andy Warhol in 1971. Warhol quickly grew to admire Makos' photography, saying, "I wish I could take pictures like that." Makos went on to become Warhol's personal photographer and traveling companion. In his travels, he gained a unique perspective on Warhol and his circle of friends and admirers. His new book Warhol/Makos In Context, is an attempt to cast Warhol and Makos' relationship with him, in a new light.
Kelly Drahushuk of The Spotty Dog Books & Ale in Hudson tells us about the cocktail reception and book signing they'll be having with Makos.
Warhol/Makos In Context, by Christopher Makos.
Published by powerHouse Books.