Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri June 22, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Christopher Makos and Kelley Drahushuk 6-22
Albany, NY – Young photographer Christopher Makos met Andy Warhol in 1971. Warhol quickly grew to admire Makos' photography, saying, "I wish I could take pictures like that." Makos went on to become Warhol's personal photographer and traveling companion. In his travels, he gained a unique perspective on Warhol and his circle of friends and admirers. His new book Warhol/Makos In Context, is an attempt to cast Warhol and Makos' relationship with him, in a new light.
Kelly Drahushuk of The Spotty Dog Books & Ale in Hudson tells us about the cocktail reception and book signing they'll be having with Makos.
Warhol/Makos In Context, by Christopher Makos.
Published by powerHouse Books.