Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Tue July 17, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Eric Jay Dolin 7-17
Albany, NY – From perfume to fashion; clean burning candles to the grease that drove the industrial revolution, much of American culture has been shaped by a single industry: whaling. It is something we don't hear much about these days, but the history of the whaling industry is a fascinating, and often disturbing topic. Eric Jay Dolin is a Fisheries Policy Analyst at the National Marine Fisheries Service and the author of the new book Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America.
Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America, by Eric Jay Dolin.
Published by W.W. Norton.