Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Tue July 17, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Eric Jay Dolin 7-17
Albany, NY – From perfume to fashion; clean burning candles to the grease that drove the industrial revolution, much of American culture has been shaped by a single industry: whaling. It is something we don't hear much about these days, but the history of the whaling industry is a fascinating, and often disturbing topic. Eric Jay Dolin is a Fisheries Policy Analyst at the National Marine Fisheries Service and the author of the new book Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America.
Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America, by Eric Jay Dolin.
Published by W.W. Norton.