Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Thu June 21, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Geoffrey Ward 6-21
Albany, NY – Geoffrey Ward will be the key note speaker at this Saturday's Roosevelt Reading Festival. He examined FDR's rather complex private life, including his somewhat flirtatious relationship with his longtime friend and Hyde Park archivist Margaret "Daisy" Scukley in his 1995 book Closest Companion. His newest book, Before the Trumpet, examines how FDR's family and childhood influenced the man--and the president--he would become.