Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu June 28, 2007
Joe and Julia speak with Lauren Kessler 6-28
Albany, NY – Author Lauren Kessler had a difficult time wrapping her mind around her mother's battle with Alzheimer's, so she distanced herself as much as possible during those last painful years. But in the months and years after her mother's death, Lauren couldn't escape the fact that millions of Americans were living with Alzheimer's--a disease she still didn't really understand. So she decided to take a job as a Resident Assistant at an Alzheimer's facility. In her new book, Dancing With Rose: Finding Life in the Land of Alzheimer's, Lauren Kessler spends months feeding, cleaning, and caring for residents-- earning just over minimum wage--in an effort to better understand Alzheimer's.
Dancing With Rose: Finding Life in the Land of Alzheimer's, by Lauren Kessler.
Published by Viking.