Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Mon June 25, 2007
Joe Donahue speaks with John Hubner 6-25
Albany, NY – While reporting on the juvenile court system, journalist John Hubner kept hearing about a facility in Texas that ran the most aggressive, and one of the most successful treatment programs for violent young offenders in America. How is it possible, he wondered, that a state like Texas, famed for its hardcore attitude toward crime and punishment, could be leading the way in the rehabilitation of violent and troubled youth? He decided to explore those issues in the new book, Last Chance In Texas. He speaks with Joe Donahue about how he came to the subject.
Last Chance In Texas, by John Hubner.
Published by Random House.