Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu July 12, 2007
Joe Donahue speaks with Trevor Corson 7-12
Albany, NY – When journalist and food writer Trevor Corson arrived at the California Sushi Academy in Los Angeles in July 2005 to research his new book about sushi, The Zen of Fish, he encountered an unusual student. Her name was Kate Murray-- a spunky twenty year old American girl who had no knowledge of Asia and no culinary experience, but a burning desire to become a sushi chef. As Trevor learned about the art of sushi, he also witnessed Kate's daily struggles in the classroom and behind the sushi bar. Joe Donahue speaks with Corson about how he came to write about sushi.
The Zen of Fish, by Trevor Corson.
Published by Harper Collins.